To say that I am eagerly anticipating Spring Training (for the third time) would be a gross understatement. I have literally been dreaming about it; I’ve had to paint myself a non-baseball picture, then erase them as if my mind was using Microsoft Paint, just so I can fall asleep – otherwise I daydream of baseball(s) and keep myself awake.
Exactly what am I looking forward to…?
- Warm weather (I type this while under a Winter Storm Warning)
- Baseball returning (before many other fans even have the chance)
- Seeing the new improvements to Hammond Stadium (outfield seating)
- Snagging my first ball of 2014
- Hopefully snagging my 200th career ball (need 11 in 4 games)
- Seeing new Twins faces (Phil Hughes, Ricky Nolasco, Miguel Sano, and Byron Buxton to name a few)
- Meeting up with Paul – for the first time outside of Target Field for a baseball game
- Taking MANY photos (Instagram will explode)
- Getting back into the blogging world (not just filler)
…And which games am I going to…?
- Sunday, March 2, 2014 – Twins @ Rays – Port Charlotte, FL (1:05 pm)
- Monday, March 3, 2014 – Blue Jays @ Twins – Fort Myers, FL (1:05 pm)
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 – Twins @ Marlins – Jupiter, FL (1:05 pm)
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014 – Orioles @ Twins – Fort Myers, FL (7:05 pm)
- Head over to the Boston complex on March 5 with Paul for the morning workouts. See if we can snag a World Series ball before we go over to the Twins complex for the night game.
- Interview Trevor Plouffe – I have a decent list of questions, ranging from baseball to the random things covered in this blog (music being one of the discussion points).
- Enjoy the non-baseball time on the game days – hit the beach, enjoy relaxing, and not make baseball the one and only thing. Having three 1:05 games should help this plan.
- Blog like I did last year – immediately following the game, giving a short recap and photos; then giving a much more in-depth recap after the entire road-trip. Who knows, if I am comfortable enough, maybe try vlogging…
In the meantime (unless I get too excited and give a final pre-road-trip entry), I’ll leave you with this:
A decent amount of baseball photos in my year-long photo project from 2013.
Florida… I’M COMING TO GET YOU!!
(11 days and not soon enough)